NytramsPlace

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...


Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 8220
Date:
Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


Read the reviews. Watch the trailer. And then go see it, if you possibly can.

We saw it last Saturday, and we were delighted. The kitties were wonderful. Turkey looks nice, too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4420704/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Charlie



__________________

01308.jpg

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 20266
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


"Seen through the eyes of the most mysterious and beloved animal humans have ever known."

 

I'm sold.

aww



__________________

Nytram Press    

© 2018

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3494
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


This Movie  definitely looks great. Ed and I cannot unfortunately go to the theatre due to...aaack we both have back problems. However I will be looking out for it when  it comes out in CD.

Our Kitties sure are the best of this world and so much love.biggrin cry

Thank you Charlie,

Uni



__________________

 

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


I just wanted to share that I tried to go to the IMDB forum page to see what other people had to say about it.

Unicorn, I did find out from the film's website that the digital version will be available to buy for $14.99 in November. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3494
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


whistlepig wrote:

I just wanted to share that I tried to go to the IMDB forum page to see what other people had to say about it.

Unicorn, I did find out from the film's website that the digital version will be available to buy for $14.99 in November. 


Thank you whistlepigsmile I will look for it then. Hey it will give Ed and I something to look forward to at Christmas.aww

Uni 



__________________

 

 

JW


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3957
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:

Read the reviews. Watch the trailer. And then go see it, if you possibly can.

We saw it last Saturday, and we were delighted. The kitties were wonderful. Turkey looks nice, too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4420704/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Charlie


I've watched the trailer several times now. Each time, it leaves me feeling very sad. I don't know why...



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3582
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


Charlie, the cat in the photos looks just like the momma cat I've been feeding each and every day for the last 7 years, (almost, since June of 2010).  Never missed serving her a meal.



__________________

 

...Don't you understand, I already have a plan; I'm waiting for my real life to begin --  Colin Hay

.

 



Commander, Consolation Prize

Status: Offline
Posts: 24222
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


JW wrote:
KidCharlieMane wrote:

Read the reviews. Watch the trailer. And then go see it, if you possibly can.

We saw it last Saturday, and we were delighted. The kitties were wonderful. Turkey looks nice, too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4420704/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Charlie


I've watched the trailer several times now. Each time, it leaves me feeling very sad. I don't know why...


I'll bet I know why--same reason I wound up crying only a few seconds into it:  Those cats are allowed to wander all over instead of enjoying the safety and good health of living in homes.  



__________________

JW


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3957
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


KittyBiggerstaff wrote:
JW wrote:
KidCharlieMane wrote:

Read the reviews. Watch the trailer. And then go see it, if you possibly can.

We saw it last Saturday, and we were delighted. The kitties were wonderful. Turkey looks nice, too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4420704/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Charlie


I've watched the trailer several times now. Each time, it leaves me feeling very sad. I don't know why...


I'll bet I know why--same reason I wound up crying only a few seconds into it:  Those cats are allowed to wander all over instead of enjoying the safety and good health of living in homes.  


That is probably it because I was particularly sad watching the kittens...



__________________


Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 8220
Date:
Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


Folks, you are looking at this film through the eyes of middle-class American cat lovers, who view them differently from people in other countries. You see them as homeless, bedraggled victims. What we like to call feral cats nowadays. They used to be known as street cats...and that's what these kitties are. The trailer doesn't really do justice to the documentary itself.

I just watched it again. You don't see much of the interaction between the felines and the human residents of Istanbul. These cats are fed and pampered and cared for and even allow petting, fer chrissakes. You don't see the kittens being hand-fed and taken to vets, even. Some of the cats come and go in the houses of residents of certain streets or buildings. They're almost like communal outdoor cats. They have names, and the caregivers know their "pussonalities" and how they will behave.

They aren't just scrounging strays. See the reviews. It got an overall rating of 8.1 at IMDb...which is pretty high. It didn't make us sad...it made us feel good about humanity. I'd love to spend some time in Istanbul. And you have to realize that you are in a huge cosmopolitan Eurasian metropolis...not in California or New York. They're Turkish. They have different ways of living and of interacting with cats. There have been street cats in Istanbul, and other mild-weather Mediterranean cities, for thousands of years. I hope I get to experience that life before I die, but I'm poor, so I doubt it will ever happen. Lucky Lucinda...she has seen these felines first-hand...in Greece.

The trailer doesn't mention a huge outdoor food market, where a lot of the cats and kittens hang out. It is probably going to be demolished for a huge office tower. Similar to ones in Chicago, New York, and elsewhere...those huge ones...with the five-letter name at their summits.

I want to buy the DVD when it comes out, so that after I see that face, and hear that grating Queens voice, I can do what needs to be done...and that is:

 

kittens.jpeg



Charlie



-- Edited by KidCharlieMane on Tuesday 21st of March 2017 12:53:38 PM

__________________

01308.jpg

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)

JW


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3957
Date:
RE: Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:

Folks, you are looking at this film through the eyes of middle-class American cat lovers, who view them differently from people in other countries. You see them as homeless, bedraggled victims. What we like to call feral cats nowadays. They used to be known as street cats...and that's what these kitties are. The trailer doesn't really do justice to the documentary itself.

I just watched it again. You don't see much of the interaction between the felines and the human residents of Istanbul. These cats are fed and pampered and cared for and even allow petting, fer chrissakes. You don't see the kittens being hand-fed and taken to vets, even. Some of the cats come and go in the houses of residents of certain streets or buildings. They're almost like communal outdoor cats. They have names, and the caregivers know their "pussonalities" and how they will behave.

They aren't just scrounging strays. See the reviews. It got an overall rating of 8.1 at IMDb...which is pretty high. It didn't make us sad...it made us feel good about humanity. I'd love to spend some time in Istanbul. And you have to realize that you are in a huge cosmopolitan Eurasian metropolis...not in California or New York. They're Turkish. They have different ways of living and of interacting with cats. There have been street cats in Istanbul, and other mild-weather Mediterranean cities, for thousands of years. I hope I get to experience that life before I die, but I'm poor, so I doubt it will ever happen. Lucky Lucinda...she has seen these felines first-hand...in Greece.

The trailer doesn't mention a huge outdoor food market, where a lot of the cats and kittens hang out. It is probably going to be demolished for a huge office tower. Similar to ones in Chicago, New York, and elsewhere...those huge ones...with the five-letter name at their summits.

I want to buy the DVD when it comes out, so that after I see that face, and hear that grating Queens voice, I can do what needs to be done...and that is:

 

kittens.jpeg



Charlie



-- Edited by KidCharlieMane on Tuesday 21st of March 2017 12:53:38 PM


You're right about the eyes, but they are the ones I have...



__________________


Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 8220
Date:
Kedi: If you love cats, you will love this film, and you must see it...
Permalink  
 


***bumping this up for International Cat Day***

Charlie

__________________

01308.jpg

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard