NytramsPlace

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 2604
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


Miserable sods. The health experts that is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/14/grandparents-risk-harming-health-grandchildren-giving-many-treats/



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


that title is a bit misleading. i read the article and it says, "Behaviour such as exposure to smoking and regularly treating children increases cancer risks as children grow into adulthood," said lead author Dr Stephanie Chambers."

it's not the treats, it's the cancer sticks...

 



-- Edited by whistlepig on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 04:04:47 PM

__________________


Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 8210
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren when the little bastards steal their pills, say health experts
Permalink  
 


Health risks used to be caused by the kids stealing their grandparents' cigarettes. Now they raid the medicine cabinet for prescription drugs. disbelief No joke. no

Charlie



-- Edited by KidCharlieMane on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 04:30:47 PM

__________________

01308.jpg

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:

It used to be caused by the kids stealing their grandparents' cigarettes. Now they raid the medicine cabinet for prescription drugs. No joke.

Charlie



-- Edited by KidCharlieMane on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 04:28:37 PM


 children do not steal prescription drugs. what are you even talking about?



__________________


Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 8210
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


Are you kidding me? There are even warnings on TV, with child actors doing the stealing from some geezer playing their grandparent.

Depends on what your definition of a "child" is. Legally, a teen-ager is still considered a child, even when a district attorney in Alabama tries to screw her, or an actor in New York tries to get him drunk in order to have gay sex. So it's children who are stealing the drugs...from their parents and grandparents.

More people die from opioids in Ohio every day than are killed in car wrecks. That's what I'm talking about. I'm talking about O-high-o.

Charlie

__________________

01308.jpg

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:

Are you kidding me? There are even warnings on TV, with child actors doing the stealing from some geezer playing their grandparent.

Depends on what your definition of a "child" is. Legally, a teen-ager is still considered a child, even when a district attorney in Alabama tries to screw her, or an actor in New York tries to get him drunk in order to have gay sex. So it's children who are stealing the drugs...from their parents and grandparents.

More people die from opioids in Ohio every day than are killed in car wrecks. That's what I'm talking about. I'm talking about O-high-o.

Charlie


it's clear the article is talking about very small children.

"Childrens charities warned that grandparents often bring out the biscuits at the slightest hint of a tantrum and keep youngsters under house arrest because they fear losing them outdoors."

7 year olds aren't out there raiding their grandparents cabinets for opioids and teenagers aren't having their tantrums soothed with biscuits.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 2604
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:

Are you kidding me? There are even warnings on TV, with child actors doing the stealing from some geezer playing their grandparent.

Depends on what your definition of a "child" is. Legally, a teen-ager is still considered a child, even when a district attorney in Alabama tries to screw her, or an actor in New York tries to get him drunk in order to have gay sex. So it's children who are stealing the drugs...from their parents and grandparents.

More people die from opioids in Ohio every day than are killed in car wrecks. That's what I'm talking about. I'm talking about O-high-o.

Charlie


 If the kids are forced to steal their drugs and cigarettes I can't see how their grandparents can be accused of spoiling them. In fact, when I went to sea I got a duty free allowance of cigarettes and alcohol so that I was the one providing the booze and bacccy.

My family was fair, but firm.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3579
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


sadsaak
Full Member
***

sadsaak Avatar

@sadsaak
Posts: 148
Member is Online Male

2 hours ago QuotelikePost Options Post by sadsaak on 2 hours ago
too many treats, say health experts"

Miserable sods. The health experts that is.

www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/14/grandparents-risk-harming-health-grandchildren-giving-many-treats/

Interesting.



__________________

 Are you sufficiently frightened now? Trump wants you to be.

 
 

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


suzi wrote:

sadsaak
Full Member
***

sadsaak Avatar

@sadsaak
Posts: 148
Member is Online Male

2 hours ago QuotelikePost Options Post by sadsaak on 2 hours ago
too many treats, say health experts"

Miserable sods. The health experts that is.

www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/14/grandparents-risk-harming-health-grandchildren-giving-many-treats/

Interesting.


 confuse



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3579
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


IMBD 2.

__________________

 Are you sufficiently frightened now? Trump wants you to be.

 
 

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 2604
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


whistlepig wrote:
suzi wrote:

sadsaak
Full Member
***

sadsaak Avatar

@sadsaak
Posts: 148
Member is Online Male

2 hours ago QuotelikePost Options Post by sadsaak on 2 hours ago
too many treats, say health experts"

Miserable sods. The health experts that is.

www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/14/grandparents-risk-harming-health-grandchildren-giving-many-treats/

Interesting.


 confuse


 God knows, but as long as Suzi is happy that is all I care about.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


suzi wrote:

IMBD 2.


 did a bit of googling, looks like a board run by amateurs. found this: http://support.proboards.com/thread/620187/report-admin-http-imdb2-freeforums

 

no thank you.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 2604
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


whistlepig wrote:
suzi wrote:

IMBD 2.


 did a bit of googling, looks like a board run by amateurs. found this: http://support.proboards.com/thread/620187/report-admin-http-imdb2-freeforums

 

no thank you.


 It isn't the original IMDB, but then nothing is. 



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


boosewell wrote:
whistlepig wrote:
suzi wrote:

IMBD 2.


 did a bit of googling, looks like a board run by amateurs. found this: http://support.proboards.com/thread/620187/report-admin-http-imdb2-freeforums

 

no thank you.


 It isn't the original IMDB, but then nothing is. 


 yes, i do miss being able to check the forums for every obscure movie or tv show i watched. reddit is good for that now, but it's still not the same.

as for the imdb2, since reading that link i'm hesitant to sign up on that site and give my personal information to someone i do not trust to act professionally with it.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3579
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


Gee there I wasn't inviting you, simply explaining where I saw the exact wording. Since Americans and Canadians don't use the word sod to describe people.



-- Edited by suzi on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 07:50:59 PM

__________________

 Are you sufficiently frightened now? Trump wants you to be.

 
 

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


suzi wrote:

Gee there I wasn't inviting you, simply explaining where I saw the exact wording.


 well it kinda makes me want to join now that i know i'm not invited. biggrin



__________________


Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 8210
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


whistlepig wrote:
boosewell wrote:
whistlepig wrote:
suzi wrote:

IMBD 2.


 did a bit of googling, looks like a board run by amateurs. found this: http://support.proboards.com/thread/620187/report-admin-http-imdb2-freeforums

 

no thank you.


 It isn't the original IMDB, but then nothing is. 


 yes, i do miss being able to check the forumsi watched. reddit is good for that now, but it's still not the same.

as for the imdb2, since reading that link i'm hesitant to sign up on that site and give my personal information to someone i do not trust to act professionally with it.


The original IMDb still exists for every obscure movie or TV show...and there are reviews. Just no more forums...or "boards".

The assholes ruined them, so the plug was pulled. They won. We lost. It's the way of the world.

Charlie  



-- Edited by KidCharlieMane on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 08:23:22 PM

__________________

01308.jpg

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 805
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:
whistlepig wrote:
boosewell wrote:
whistlepig wrote:
suzi wrote:

IMBD 2.


 did a bit of googling, looks like a board run by amateurs. found this: http://support.proboards.com/thread/620187/report-admin-http-imdb2-freeforums

 

no thank you.


 It isn't the original IMDB, but then nothing is. 


 yes, i do miss being able to check the forumsi watched. reddit is good for that now, but it's still not the same.

as for the imdb2, since reading that link i'm hesitant to sign up on that site and give my personal information to someone i do not trust to act professionally with it.


The original IMDb still exists for every obscure movie or TV show...and there are reviews. Just no more forums...or "boards".

The assholes ruined them, so the plug was pulled. They won. We lost. It's the way of the world.

Charlie  



-- Edited by KidCharlieMane on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 08:23:22 PM


 i liked the forums specifically because i like reading what other people have to say about the stuff i'm watching. imdb is still useful, but it's just an encyclopedia to me now.

there was a game i had invented with my partner where one of us mentions an actor and if the imdb forum page didn't have a post with a person talking about how "hot" the actor is, then you win. it was a very hard game to win even when choosing the most unattractive actors.



-- Edited by whistlepig on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 08:26:42 PM

__________________


Resident Curmudgeon

Status: Offline
Posts: 8210
Date:
Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


It got really shitty over the last decade. The problem children helped kill it. I was there for fifteen years under various names (consecutively, of course...I never went in for that sock puppet horsecrap). I watched it crash and burn. Pulling the plug was shocking, but not surprising. A lot of boards became unreadable.

Charlie

__________________

01308.jpg

 There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

 
 King-Nixon-280.jpg 
KCM (Imperial Lizard and Resident Curmudgeon)



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 2604
Date:
RE: Grandparents risk harming health of grandchildren by giving too many treats, say health experts
Permalink  
 


KidCharlieMane wrote:
 

The assholes ruined them, so the plug was pulled. They won. We lost. It's the way of the world.

Charlie  



-- Edited by KidCharlieMane on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 08:23:22 PM


 Jeff Bezos pulled the plug because he could not think of a way to make money out of it.

From all accounts Bezos is a decent enough skin, but Amazon runs on pretty thin margins. Good bloke, crap business man.



__________________
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard